The Punisher Season 1 Review
Marvel’s The Punisher, or simply The Punisher, is an American web television series created for Netflix by Steve Lightfoot, based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films and other television series of the franchise, and is a spin-off of Marvel’s Daredevil. The series is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, with Lightfoot serving as showrunner.
Former Force Recon officer Frank Castle, known throughout New York City as “the Punisher” after exacting revenge on those responsible for the death of his family, uncovers a larger conspiracy beyond what was done to him and his family
- Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle / Punisher: A vigilante who aims to fight the criminal underworld by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.
- Ebon Moss-Bachrach as David Lieberman / Micro: A former NSA analyst who assists Castle.
- Ben Barnes as Billy Russo: Castle’s best friend from when he served in USMC Force Recon.
- Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani: An Iranian-American Department of Homeland Security agent
- Daniel Webber as Lewis Wilson: A young veteran struggling with his new life as a civilian.
- Paul Schulze as William Rawlins / Agent Orange: A high-ranking member of the CIA who crosses paths with Castle due to their time in Afghanistan.
- Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle: A friend of Castle
- Michael Nathanson as Sam Stein: A Department of Homeland Security agent, Madani’s partner.
- Jaime Ray Newman as Sarah Lieberman: Micro’s wife.
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page: A reporter at the New York Bulletin and Matt Murdock‘s former assistant
- C. Thomas Howell as Carson Wolf: A Department of Homeland Security agent-in-charge, Madani’s supervisor, who crosses paths with Micro, and then later Castle.
- Shohreh Aghdashloo as Farah Madani: Dinah’s mother, who runs a successful psychiatric practice.
- Geoffrey Cantor as Mitchell Ellison: the editor-in-chief of the New York Bulletin and Karen’s boss. Cantor reprises his role from Daredevil.
- Clancy Brown as Major Ray Schoonover: Castle’s commanding officer in Afghanistan. Brown reprises his role from Daredevil.
- Delaney Williams as O’Connor: a former Vietnam War veteran and NRA member who attends Curtis’s support groups
- Kelli Barrett as Maria Castle: Castle’s deceased wife
- Aidan Pierce Brennan as Frank Castle Jr.: Castle’s deceased son
- Nicolette Pierini as Lisa Castle: Castle’s deceased daughter
- Kobi Frumer as Zach Lieberman: Lieberman’s son
- Ripley Sobo as Leo Lieberman: Lieberman’s daughter
- Tony Plana as Rafael Hernandez
- Jordan Mahome as Isaac
- Shez Sardar as Ahmad Zubair
- Jeb Kreager as Gunner Henderson
- Luca De Olivieria as Donny Chavez: A construction worker who befriends Frank.
- Chris Critelli as Lance: A construction worker and criminal who abuses Frank and Donny.
- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as Marion James
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett: A low-level criminal who operates in Hell’s Kitchen and Harlem. Morgan reprises his role from previous Marvel Netflix shows.
- Royce Johnson as Brett Mahoney: A Sergeant at the NYPD’s 15th Precinct and childhood friend of Foggy Nelson. Johnson reprises his role from Daredevil.
- Tim Guinee as Clay Wilson
- Rick Holmes as Stan Ori
- Jon was almost born to play the role, very convincing as Punisher if not the best
- Very action packed from start to finish, which keeps viewer interested for whole series
- Theme song & music are kinda meh
- like many other Marvel series too predictable in terms of story twists and development
- Could’ve been squeezed into less episodes